- In your opinion, how important is it to produce good photographs for blogs?
I love art and photography, so in my opinion, it is important to create good photographs that will capture and please the eyes of the people who’s going to see it. Besides, you’re already taking pictures, why not try to capture it in a way that it’s true beauty will show. A little effort will surely be appreciated by those who will see it even if you’re not a photographer.
- What gadgets do you use to take photos? You can name more than one.
I use my Sony cyber shot camera DSC-W730 to take pictures most of the time.
- For how long do you own those gadgets?
I can’t remember anymore but I think I bought it 2 years ago…
- Will you recommend those gadgets to your fellow bloggers? Why or why not?
I would recommend it because it has different settings depending on the scene that you’re going to shoot. It has auto settings if you’re going to shoot your pet animals, for food, landscape and more…
- Do you use any other application to edit or add filters in your photos? If yes, could you share it with us?
Yes. I use Adobe Photoshop CS6 to brighten up the images that I take using my digital camera.
- Who usually takes your photos aside from yourself, especially on OOTD shots? Show gratitude by mentioning them here.
My very supportive boyfriend loves photography as much as I do, he’s the one who always takes pictures of me and comments on the images that I take myself. He’s a very honest critic and helps me a lot.
- Aside from the camera, what accessories (or props) do you use to take photos? Ex: tripod, flowers, makeup, etc.
I usually take photos on a white background so I can cut, crop and edit it on a much more lively colored background design of my choice easier. I don’t have a tripod or other photography accessories besides a white cardboard that serves as my background for flat lays, but I will be buying a DSLR camera soon now that I’m growing fond of taking pictures.
- How do you come up with your photos? Do you research first how you should pose, how the products should be presented or it just goes naturally?
Sometimes I do my research, but most of the time I just try different angles while shooting, and then choose the best shot when I transferred the files to my laptop. It won’t hurt to take time to do some research before you take a photo and share it to the world.
- Do you have gadget you wish to receive this Christmas? What and why?
Christmas is over but next year I’m planning to purchase a DSLR camera to improve my photography skills.
- Do you have an Instagram feed or blogger, you look up who produces great photos? Share them with us!
When I’m on Instagram I use hash tags to look up photos, because in that way it is easier for me to find images that will match the idea I have in mind. If I only follow one feed I won’t be able to have the chance to see others point of view when it comes to photography. It would seem like my compositions are patterned to only one perspective and from only one person.
- Share three (3) photography tips to newbie bloggers.
If you can’t create your own photographs you can search for free stock photos that you can use on your blog.
For those newbie bloggers who don’t know how to use editing software there are many free picture editors online that you can use and it is easier to understand.
Don’t be afraid to take pictures and share it on your blog even if you’re not a professional photographer. Learn, be confident and be adventurous in taking photographs.