For the record, we answered this at the same night but in different places. We didn’t answer it together so there was some excitement of having the curiosity of what would be the other’s answers. We found the questions from Google, you can just type in “Relationship Questions” and a long list will appear, you just have to choose what you want to answer. We recommend that you guys add this to your indoor activity bucket list, because we discovered something really good about our relationship through answering these questions and we had a surprisingly fun conversation out of it!!! We believe that these questions are applicable to married couples as well…
If you and your love of your life happen to have answered the same questions, please do let us know, we don’t judge because every relationship is different from the other. There’s no right and wrong, that’s something you want to keep in mind while answering. Besides, your partner would be reading it, it’s the only thing you should be worried about if you don’t want to send the wrong signal. These questions are meant to create an interesting conversation for couples, not a dispute for an unwanted or an unacceptable answer.
- What was your first impression about your partner?
S: My first impression of her is “MASUNGIT”.
D: He’s the nerdy, handsome looking, quiet type of guy, but I was wrong with the nerdy part. He’s a very funny guy once he gets comfortable with you…
- What did you like or love about your partner?
S: I love everything about her that’s why I choose her.
D: He’s the only person who understands my strengths, weaknesses, good/bad habits, tantrums and mood swings and still loves every ounce of me…
- How did the relationship start?
S & D: It’s a very long story, but it all started when both of us finally admitted that we have feelings for each other for a long time… We just have different reasons not to confess earlier…
- Do you still like what you loved about your partner and why?
S: Yes, I still like a stubborn side of her.
D: I still love everything about Stephen and still loving every new things that I discover about him…
- Do you feel the same the way you felt for your partner at the beginning of the relationship?
S: Yes, my love and feelings toward her never change.
D: No, I don’t feel the same anymore because the feeling elevated to a different level compared to the beginning of our relationship…
- Are you positively affecting each other’s life?
S: Yes, because both of us keeps improving in our life.
D: Yes, because he makes me a better person by bringing out the best in me… Sometimes I can do stuff I can’t imagine accomplishing because of him.
- Have you started to do something because of each other’s influence?
S: I’m starting to motivate myself to work hard for our future.
D: I started to be thriftier than all out when it comes to handling money because of him… I learned to stretch my budget wisely because he handles his finances really better than I do.
- How often do you laugh together?
S: We always laugh together because I always crack a joke and I also want her to be happy always.
D: We always find something amusing everyday to laugh and smile about unless we had a misunderstanding… Certainly that’s something we can’t laugh about but rather be sitting on.
- When was the last time you dreamt about your partner?
S: I would say I always have a “DEJAVU” moment with her.
D: I can’t remember the last time, but I think it was 2 months ago… I sleep like a dead person and my dreams are not very welcoming so it may take a while before I dream about the love of my life again…
- Do you like spending time with your partner’s friends and family?
S: I like spending time with them, I can easily blend in.
D: Yes, I do love spending time with them… Hopefully next year we can celebrate Christmas or New Year altogether…
- How often do you talk on the phone with your partner?
S: Not often, but we always talk through text and chat.
D: We always see each other every other day so we don’t normally talk over the phone, but instead we chat and text all the time when we’re not together.
- How often do you think of your partner?
S: I always think of her.
D: I often think of him when I’m not busy doing anything, when a love song suddenly plays, when I am missing him (which happens all the time), when I want to talk about something, but he’s not around, before I go to sleep at night, when I wake up in the morning, at lunch time, at dinner time, when he’s on the road and when I haven’t seen him in a couple of days…
- Do you smile when you relate something from your daily life with your partner?
S: Yes, I smile like an idiot.
D: We communicate a lot whether or not we’re together and it includes smiling at the random daily life topics in those 365 days.
- Can you recall the most romantic moment with this partner?
S: We have a lot of romantic moments, but the most romantic one is on MAY 18 2014.
D: It was the day when he finally asked me to be his partner in crime with a trembling voice and shaking hands…
- Do you get each other’s feeling without the need to say anything?
S: Yes, through our eyes and reaction because we know that our connection is so strong.
D: Yes. We understand each other even by just eye contact ,the shift of the head in different angles and through a nod…
- What was the best moment in your relationship so far? (Are you smiling while recalling that moment?)
S: The best moment in my relationship is to be with her.
D: For me the most romantic moment is the first kiss we had… It’s very unforgettable… And yes, I am smiling while typing this answer because I recall it…
- How do you show your love for each other?
S: We do a lot of cuddling time…
D: We talk about things when we have misunderstandings. No matter how we want to avoid talking (most of the time it’s me), we still try to calm down, drop our pride and listen to what the other has to say…
- When was the last time you said “I love you” to your partner?
S: I always say “I LOVE YOU or I LOVE YOU MORE” to her.
D: The last time was just few minutes ago… Seriously, no matter how cliché this could appear, we honestly say “I love you” to each other every waking day of our lives and before we go to sleep…
- Have you ever changed anything for your partner?
S: No, I want her to be herself.
D: He never asked me to change anything, I voluntarily change what I think can help keep our relationship healthy.
- How much do you think you understand your partner?
S: I would say that I understand her a lot.
D: I understand him 90% of the time and I don’t understand him 10% in situations when I only think about myself and my pride, meaning to say when I’m being a selfish and self centered person…
- Do you trust each other?
S: Yeah, we trust each other.
D: I trust him.
- Have you not let your partner do something just because you feel jealous or angry?
S: She knows what to do when I get jealous or angry.
D: I wouldn’t say that I haven’t even once, but I don’t remember the last time that I had a conversation with him where I asked him to do something because I was jealous, but certainly I say things I don’t mean when I’m angry but I apologize afterwards…
- How do you feel when others find your partner attractive?
S: Before, I easily get jealous but now I am proud of her.
D: I feel very proud and satisfied when someone else finds him very attractive! Because he is attractive!
- Do you feel jealous if your partner hangs out with a friend of the opposite sex?
S: No, I am always with her when she hangs out with a friend of opposite sex.
D: I don’t mind if he hangs out with other women, I’m confident enough that he will be looking for me when he’s feeling down or when he wants to celebrate his happiness. That’s more important to me…
- How serious are you both taking this relationship?
S: Very serious, we really want to be together.
D: I take it as if it’s the last relationship that I will ever have.
- Do you bring up arguments very often and why?
S: Not so often.
D: I bring up arguments most of the time, especially when it comes to decision making for our relationship. I like to keep the doors open for ideas before jumping into the final step of no return.
- Do you make sacrifices for your relationship?
S: I will make sacrifices for her and our relationship.
D: We make sacrifices in different ways and in different levels when the situation calls for it. We know how to bend when our relationship needs it. Our relationship isn’t immune to challenges…
- Have you ever apologized for what you’ve done wrong to your partner?
S: Yes, I apologized to her when I make mistakes.
D: I do most of the apologizing part of the relationship because I say things I don’t mean when I’m so mad and aggressive, and then I take it back afterwards. I’ve been working on that part of how I handle my anger and somehow we both see improvements…
- Do you forgive your partner’s mistakes easily?
S: Yes, I will talk to her and try to understand her.
D: It depends on the mistake and the impact it made, but we both know that after those unwanted scenarios, we will still forgive each other no matter what because we love each other and we want the relationship to last. He’s not perfect and forgiving his mistakes allows me to show that no greater thing can make me stop loving him.
- Do you throw temper easily for small mistakes of your partners?
S: No, I will understand and give her a chance.
D: I don’t throw temper easily for small mistakes, but when a large one comes, my temper rises to the extent of treating him with cold shoulders for a day. Then he visits me to talk and he settles his mistake with just a tight hug (always), then we start assessing the problem nicely this time.
- Do you respect each other’s beliefs?
S: Yes, that’s how a relationship work.
D: We have many similar beliefs and even if we have some differences, certainly we do respect it.
- Is it really necessary to know everything from your partner’s previous relationships?
S: No, I just care about our relationship.
D: It’s not necessary for me, but because I was born curious, we had previously talked about it. But we keep in mind that our relationship is different from the past ones so it’s just like telling a random fairytale when we had conversations about past partners we had.
- Do you believe in staying with this partner for a very long time or even forever?
S: I believe in that because I’d love to.
D: Yes, coming from past experiences, challenges that we encountered and with the things I learned about myself being with him. I believe we will work things out no matter how monstrous I can get when I’m bored which he fears a lot.
- How do you feel when your partner has to leave you for some time because of work or studying?
S: It sucks! I would definitely miss her so much!
D: This is what I always tell him when it comes to situations like this, “I hate this, but it’s for our future and for the ones we’re going to build, so let’s just have a peaceful alone time after all the busy days.”
- Will you say sorry to your partner even though it’s not your fault?
S: Yes, I will.
D: I don’t apologize when it’s not my fault, but Stephen apologizes to me even if it’s not his fault! It’s a guilty pleasure you know and I love it. But I always admit my mistake after the pleasure of seeing him take the fault.
- When was the last time you had an in-depth conversation with your partner?
S: We always had an in-depth conversation when it comes to our relationship.
D: The last time was on this year’s Christmas Eve.
- Are you keeping any secrets that you’re afraid of letting your partner know?
S: No, there’s no secret between us.
D: I’ve said everything that he deserves to know about. I’ve got no secrets to hide from him. He knows everything because I don’t want him to hear it from anybody else first other than me. And I don’t want my secrets to backfire our relationship so it’s good to have a clean slate and a worry free conscience. It makes future explanations more comfortable and easier.
- Do you feel that your partner accepts the way you are?
D: Yes. He snuggles up with me even if I didn’t take a bath after my sick days.(But I don’t believe him when he says I still smell good.) He puts up with all my drama night and unreasonable tantrums. He knows what could possibly be my problem when I’m having mood swings that I don’t even understand. There’s more than I can say…
- Have you seen each other at your best and worst?
D: Yes, I’ve seen him at his best and worst and he has seen me in the same situation.
- Have you ever thought about cheating on your partner? Why?
S: No, because I really love her.
D: Cheating wasn’t in my relationship history and I never thought about cheating on him. I’m afraid that when karma strikes, its brutality is uncontrollable and unbearable.
- Have you ever thought about breaking up with your partner and why?
S: No, I love her so much.
D: I had those thoughts before, when there was a time when the odds are against us, but we waved it off and I dismissed the thought in my mind as well…
- Will you lie for the sake of your partner’s happiness and how do you define the line?
S: Yes, but I will also tell her the truth afterwards.
D: I will never lie for the sake of my partner’s happiness, he knows that I’m a person who’d rather tell the truth, no matter how it hurts rather than not being able to look him in the eyes because of hiding something. I know it hurts him sometimes, but it helps us to be more open to each other, to be more vocal and to be more understanding of one another.
- Are you in a relationship only because you enjoy the excitement or the feeling to be loved and cared about?
S: No, I want a relationship that will last long.
D: I’m in this relationship with him for all of the above mentioned.
- Does this partner make you forget the painful feeling of your previous relationships?
D: Yes. He helped me forget the nightmares of the past, even if it was difficult for him.
- Do you look forward to your future with your partner?
S: Yes! With excitement!
D: Yes. I look very much forward to our future together. Just a couple more years… We just need to accomplish our plans.
- Have you thought about marrying your partner? (If you two have already married, do you remember why you had that thought of marrying your partner?)
S: Yes, I really want to marry her soon…
D: Yes. I have thought about saying yes to him when he asks for my hand.
- Are you willing to compromise your happiness in a successful relationship?
D: Yes. I’m willing to compromise my happiness for the success of our relationship.
- When it comes to the future, do you and your partner have the same relationship goal?
S: Yes, we have the same relationship goal.
D: We talk about the future, we plan together, so we do have the same relationship goals. It takes two to tango…
- Are there more joyful moments than sad ones being together?
S: Yes, we always create our joyful moments.
D: For me, it’s 95% happy moments and 5% heartbreaking challenges.
- If you could choose your partner again, would you choose the same person?
S: Yes, I would only choose her as my partner.
D: If I get reincarnated, I would pray to God to let me create a love story with Stephen over and over again.