- How do you classify your blog? In what category does it fall in?
I will be focusing on beauty blogs as time goes by but right now I post mostly about anything that comes in my mind, so it’s a lifestyle blog.
- What is the title of your blog? Share with us too what’s the story behind it.
I was thinking of a different blog name instead of my own name, but I still ended up using my name because I think my personality shows all over my blog.
- How did you come up with the design of your blog? Tell us if it’s a free/purchased template or someone you know made it for you.
My blog template is called Button, it’s free from WordPress.com and I choose it because it’s cute, has detailed accents, featured images and a soft color palette.
- If you own a domain, where did you purchase it? If you don’t have one yet, what’s preventing you from getting one?
I don’t have my own domain yet, but I will be getting one next year. I want to figure out my whole blogging plans first before putting money into it. I’m thinking of whether or not will I really pursue it as a business for profit or just a hobby.
- Where do you host your blog? Which platform? (Blogspot, WordPress, Tumblr, etc) Are you planning to move to another platform/host? Why or why not?
I haven’t tried any blogging platform other than WordPress, but I believe I’m in a good platform base on many good reviews I’ve read about WordPress. But I must admit that it can be costly to host a blog with them.
- How often do you check your blog statistics?
I check my blog statistics everyday when I check my email and blog notifications.
- Do you think having a good and fast-loading template affects the traffic on your site?
Yes. Because when it doesn’t load fast you’ll be eating your reader’s interest and time, instead of exciting them…
- Do you use other sites, software or apps to schedule and post your blog posts? If yes, care to share it with us? If none, simply tell us how you share your posts.
I use Microsoft Excel to jot down my blogging plans for the month and when I’m done finalizing my draft, I move it to scheduled post using WordPress’s tool.
- How do you think you earn blog post comments or blog shares?
I think I earn from marketing the blog post on all of my social media accounts ones it goes live. Another thing would be from bloggers with same interest and niche.
- Aside from the activities mentioned above (blog post sharing & comments), what other efforts can help increase a blog’s statistics?
I believe that posting blogs twice a week can somehow help your SEO ranking.
- Check your blog statistics and tell us either what you think helped you attain that number of views or what do you think you could have done to increase it?
Most of my views came from WordPress Reader and the next one came from search engines, lastly would be from social media accounts. I think I used the appropriate tags and keywords that’s why I somehow gained a reasonable amount of views.
<a href=”http://www.louisechelleblog.com/p/blog-series-you-blog-you.html” rel=”nofollow” title=”You Blog You” target=”_blank”><img src=”https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3tBYAA1u_f8/VlwcF2HgWWE/AAAAAAAAF64/GHMQ_8kVqYY/s144-c-Ic42/YouBlogYouGrabButton.jpg” alt=”You Blog You” style=”border:none;” /></a></div>