I would recommend this book to every woman out there who wants to nail their dreams and are currently struggling. This book is also helpful for newly graduated students who are preparing and on the hunt for their first job, because Sophia gave her pointers on how to leave a good impression to an employer.
Also, if you are a business startup, especially in the field of online business industry, you have to read this girl, because you’re going to get a lot of value from Sophia. I am a startup online business myself so I assure you that I learned so much by reading her book.
For those employed working girls out there, our #GirlBss CEO Sophia says that it is not enough to just show up at work, it is a must that you put your heart and best effort when you’re at work. Because in a company, your mistake can make a bad chain reaction that will cause the company a huge trouble. And when your mistakes occur religiously, the message might get up to the head of the chain and you’ll find yourself being eaten up alive when it happens.
Lastly, if you’re someone who’s finding your way in life and has been feeling like hell is always upon you in whatever you’re doing, girl, read this because Sophia did and experienced a lot of unbelievable things which got her into tons of troubles but came out successful in life. You wouldn’t actually believe that a she has the #GirlBoss characteristic in her early life.
Overall the biggest impact of #GirlBoss of Sophia Amoruso to me is optimism in the little things I do to be successful. No matter how small it is that you think you’re doing, there is a greater value that you are building for your future goal.
Furthermore, I learned that knowing yourself and your own voice will lock you down with your passion and dreams, that even outside voices will find it difficult to penetrate your thoughts to manipulate you to negativity.
If you want something lady, work for it, before you say you deserve it and finally own it.
LINES I LOVED FROM THE BOOK:
- Learn to create your own opportunities.
- You don’t get taken seriously by asking someone to take you seriously. You’ve got to show up and own it.
- Success lies in knowing your weaknesses and playing to your strengths.
- Take pride in what you do. Don’t do sloppy work. Be the best. Have something original and special to offer that makes people’s lives better.
- Another big no-no is increasing your spending as soon as your income increases.
- When your time spent making money is significantly greater than your time spending money, you will be amazed at how much you can save without really thinking about it.
- You can’t expect the world to read your mind. You have to put it out there, and sometimes putting it out there is as simple as saying as, “Hey, can I have that?”
- The definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, and it’s true.
- You have to kick people out of your head as forcefully as you’d kick someone out of your house if you don’t want them to be there.
- Chances are it will take twenty of those good ideas before one sticks and has a chance to become real, but a good idea is only good if there is a well-thought-out plan to make it a reality.
- Learn how to take care of yourself so that the man you marry is the man you choose to be with and not just the man who will take care of you.
- What’s the first rule about holes? When you’re in it, stop digging.
- When you want to do things because you want to do them, you can accomplish a lot.
- Overwhelmingly busy is a much better state to be in than overwhelmingly bored.
- When you don’t dress like everyone else, you won’t think like everyone else.
- Confidence is more attractive than anything you could put on your body.
- Dreams are today’s answers to tomorrow’s questions.
- When life hits you with something unexpected, you have to hit right back and leave your own smear in the process.
If you want to read #GirlBoss just comment down below with your email address and I will send a PDF file copy of the book to you.